Blaze Bayley Swindon 12 Bar 27th Dec

First visit to the 12 bar club in Swindon, it’s a converted pub and is pretty good, not a spec of saw dust anywhere. The gents were so good I visited them 4 times on just too pints of cider, but that could just be an age thing. The stage is quite small and the crowd of about 80 was enough to create an atmosphere, I guess the venue could comfortably hold 200. Sound was very good.

The bands

The support was ‘The reasoning’ www.thereasoning.com, I expected a some awful band but they were really good (& I am not saying that just because I was stood by Dave their manager who is 6’ 6” and built like a brick house). A six piece band with a female singer and I suppose their songs were in the Evanescence mould, but they also used one of the guitarists and the keyboard player as lead vocalist so this gives them a good variety in their music. To sum up 7/10, I suppose the only complaint is they gave the impression they were too good to be supporting at a venue like this, the truth is they were too good but the trick is not to show it when on stage. They have a new album due out in 2008 and are playing a number of gigs (see their web site) I would pay to see them again and I reckon their albums would be a good investment.

Last line – If you go to one of their gigs watch their bass player, he is a man who enjoys his job!


Blaze Bayley

Blaze are metal and proud of it, fast, loud, audience participation and great chat between the songs. What else can I say apart from l loved it! Oh yeh if your wife finds Robbie Williams a bit too loud it’s best not to take her to see Blaze although it was handy to have someone to taxi me home.

New album out in 2008 and a full supporting tour, if you like metal go and see them. (Fair play to him he only mentioned he was in Maiden a few times!!)

Popular Posts from last 30 Days