Tesla - Leeds Rio's 17 June 08

I can’t claim to be Tesla’s number one fan, in fact I’m attending this gig on the advice of my good friend and US metal expert Mark so there is a few gaps in song titles.

No support tonight (even though the ticket boasts proudly “+ special guests”), not much of a problem for me, but a few disgruntled punters had been at the venue from just after 7:00.

Tesla arrived on stage at 9:20 and Frank Hannon is straight into his opening solo, this lasts 30 seconds before the radio pack goes down (I’m, not impressed so far). Anyway that is fixed and we are off into “Coming at you Live”. Now I am impressed, the sound is the best I heard at Leeds Rio’s, then into couple of songs I didn’t know. Jeff Keith is certainly an interesting front man and by the end I’d warmed to him. The set had another couple of technical problems including the tuning of an acoustic guitar, which seemed to go on for ever. In the middle of this Jeff responded to a request from the crowd to sing Government Personnel, which went down really well. Other highlights were Hang Tough, Heavens Trail, Edison’s Medicine, Song and Emotion, Modern Day Cowboy and my personal favourite Signs.

I have to say looking around the venue they had shifted some T shirts, obviously the thing to be seen in this summer.

Did I enjoy it? Yes I did, but it seemed a while to get going for me.
6.59/10 NH

Popular Posts from last 30 Days