Girlschool, The Damned, Motorhead – 02 Academy Leeds – 20th November 2009

I only managed to catch the end of the Girlschool set, but what I caught sounded and looked good, so hope to catch them again in the future.
Next up were The Damned, and what a surprise they were. I really enjoyed them, kicking off a lively set with Neat, Neat, Neat they had Leeds eating out of the palm of their collective hands straight away. Also in the set where New Rose, Eloise and Smash It Up. A great set and I think they won over a lot of new fans (including me) that night.
Motorhead are Motorhead, they do what it says on the tin Opening up with Iron Fist and thundering through a set that contained many a great song including Stay Clean, Rock Out, Metropolis, Over The Top, I Got Mine, a cover of Twisted Sisters’ Shoot ‘em Down, Another Perfect Day, In The Name Of Tragedy, Just ‘Cos You Got The Power, Going To Brazil, Killed By Death, Bomber, Whorehouse Blues, Ace Of Spades and Overkill. Very Loud.
What an institution they are.
NH

Popular Posts from last 30 Days