Dumpy Rusty Nuts + support – Banbury – The Mills Art Centre 19th Feb 2010

The Mills Art Centre doesn’t sound very Rock n Roll but it’s a good hall with decent ale and the entrance fee was just £10 so I can cope with the display of hand made mosaic luv hearts and weird painting for sale in the lobby.

Arrived a bit early, so I was enjoying a pint of Abbotts when the man himself (Dumpy) appeared in the lobby with his trade mark bottle of Newcastle brown, I had a good chat with him, I’m not sure he could remember the last time we spoke which was in the Gents in at Rio’s in Bradford.
The first band was Peoples Republic of Mercia as you may guess from their name they come from Brum, they got a great rhythm going in there songs, not heavy just good enjoyable rock’n’roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7i8dyY-9bc
Second band was some bloke from Basingstoke who played an electric mandolin! Yeh my memory is *******, I can’t remember his name, playing metal far too loud is my excuse. To be honest he was good but I’m sure I’d enjoy him more is we were sat round a camp fire having one drink too many. Finished with Steve Earles Copperhead Road.
Dumpy and his Rusty Nuts, what can I say, Dumpy never let’s you down, this is the fourth time I’ve seen him and don’t be fooled, they may have a laugh but the band can play. If you want to see a man who loves his job you need to watch Andy on drums, a right nutter! All the usual Dumpy hits plus a good selection of covers. You ain’t a rock fan unless you have seen Dumpy so watch his web site and don’t miss out! Riffs Bar in Swindon 22nd April should be good. http://www.dumpysrustynuts.net/

CT

Popular Posts from last 30 Days