Recker – Tragedy or Triumph

Recker are from Ridgefield in America and have sent us a copy of their ten track Tragedy or Triumph CD. The CD is mainly the work of one Rich Recker. The tracks and musicians are

3X Loser, Give It All, Shine On*, On the Run*, Love Gone Cold*, Winds of War, Fool, Olympus**, 1,000 Years, I Will Be There*

Rich Recker - Vocals, Guitars, Bass, Keyboards, Scott Smallwood - Drums, Brad Halleck - Lead Guitar*, Phil Bennett - Keyboards**
Produced, Recorded and Mixed by Rich Recker.

The first thing that struck me was the high quality of production on the CD, particularly the drums which have a great feeling of depth, think a very late eighties US rock sound. The first half of the CD is a real rift laden treat. All of the first five songs have really grown on me, but special mention must go to 3X Loser, Shine On, On the Run and Love Gone Cold (a great headbanger) which all have infectious guitar rifts that you want to keep humming.
To my ears there is a more noticeable Queensryche influence on the second half of the CD. Unfortunately Winds of War and Olympus don’t hit the mark for me, but Fool is a real grower and I Will be There is a great closing track.
I’ve no idea of the budget this CD was done on, but with the exceptions of the couple of tracks I’ve mentioned this is a mighty piece of Rock music that Rich Recker and the others should be proud of.
You can find out more about Recker and listen to samples of the CD at www.myspace.com/reckerrocks

NH

Popular Posts from last 30 Days