Skin - Little Angels Leeds Academy 11 Dec 2012


I missed tonight’s first band, Chrome Molly, as I was stuck on the car park near my house called the M62.

There was good crowd in to see the next act Skin. In my eyes this band never got the success they deserved and it was great to see them again, and in such fine form. Opening up with Born to Rock n Roll the band came out in fine form. The second track, Money, really raised the temperature in the crowd. All the hits were there in the 10 track set list which was brought to a great ending with the crowd please Look, but don’t Touch. Nev MacDonald’s vocals were great throughout. 

Little Angels entered the stage to one of the biggest roars I’ve heard at the Academy launching straight into She’s a Little Angel, Kicking Dust and Boneyard. This seemed like a real home coming for the band as Toby Jepson reminded us of the days they played here when it was the Town and Country club.   Unfortunately the sound was a bit distorted for the out out rockers, which did spoil my enjoyment. Don’t Pray for Me was sung as a fitting tribute to the late Michael Lee before the pace was gradually picked up to reach the frenzy of a cover version of Bryan Adams Kid’s Wanna Rock (with a bit of Whole Lotta Rosie) and Too Much to Young.

A great night was brought to a conclusion with an encore of I ain’t Gonna Cry and Young Gods. Let's hope I get to see both bands again soon.

NH  

Popular Posts from last 30 Days