Limehouse Lizzy - Holmfirth 1st Feb

I’m not sure if anyone has problem with reviews of “tribute” bands being on here. I for one haven’t, especially when they are as good as Limehouse Lizzy.

Support was from local band Storm who, despite some technical problems (a guitar lead that kept disconnecting), put on a valiant performance. Songs from U2, The Who, The Buzzcocks, The Darkness, Metallicia and “Rosie” by AC/DC to finish. Most enjoyable.

Limehouse eventually hit the stage at nearly 10:00 opening with Are You Ready then Dancing in the Moonlight. The sound was great, Bass really strong, Phil Kennemore Bradford Rio’s style. I even had another Tsunami in my beer!!!!!!

“We’re going to play some of the singles” – Do anything You Want To, then straight into Killer on the Loose, straight into China Town. Awesome!!

All the hits followed Jailbreak, Emerald, Cold Sweat, Out in the Fields Boys are Back in Town and many many more. The encore was Whisky in the Jar, great sing along 11:30 time to go home.

Holmfirth once again proved to be an excellent venue.

It’s only February but I’m posting an early nomination for gig of the year and I don’t care that it’s from a “tribute” band.

If they play near you then check them out. I hear that they even play gigs in Swindon.
NH

Popular Posts from last 30 Days