Tygers of Pan Tang / Voodoo Six - Bradford Gasworks 18th April 2008

Right, lets get one thing straight before we start: Heavy Metal can be too loud, and this was one of those nights.

First up were Voodoo Six, I’ve just got the CD First Hit For Free (on Mark’s recommendation) I have to say it’s a great debut CD. Voodoo Six opened with Crawl and went onto to play a really good set from the rest of the CD.

To start with the sound was perfect, but about three songs from the end, some prawn decided to turn everything up to 11 (must have been part of the Spinal Tap crew). It was simply too loud where I was stood.


Voodoo Six support Blaze Bayley next month so I’ll see them again then. www.myspace.com/voodoosix





Now I really loved the Tygers of Pan Tang in the early 80’s so when I saw them in 2002 to say I was disappointed was an understatement. The only original member is Rob Weir, and the band has recruited a great new singer since the 2002 line up. The set opened with Hell bound, which would have been great except the afore mentioned prawn has now found 12 on the volume dial. It was so loud you could hardly stand up (I did visit the bog at the back of the bar and the sound was just passable their, which is where the mixing desk was). The set included some great Tyger classics Like Gangland; Take it, Silver and Gold, Suzie Smiled, Slave to Freedom, Raised on Rock. Though most of them sounded like a jet engine taking off. The set closed with Love Potion No 9. The future looks a lot brighter for the Tygers of Pan Tang 2008 line up once they sack the sound man. www.tygersofpantang.com/home.htm
Entry £3 again and show finished at gone midnight (and before anyone asks I didn’t turn into a pumpkin)
NH


Popular Posts from last 30 Days