Blaze Bayley – Voodoo Six - The Parish, Huddersfield 20th May





Now Oxford are in the depths of the Blue Square Premiership, the chant “My garden shed is bigger that this” can often be heard from the terrace. (Lyrics below) That song would not have been a bad opener tonight. We arrived at the bar to be told the gig was out the back, “out the back” being an old stable block (I would guess). I have to say at this point I wondered what I’d come to.

Anyway onto the Music. Voodoo Six gave us a set from their excellent First Hit For Free CD they must be destined for much bigger and better things. I love Crawl what a great opener. If they play anywhere near you go and see.

I do like Blaze he is 100% British metal, you get what you see with no BS. Like one of those cymbal banging moneys powered by a gold top battery his energy and enthusiasm seems endless.

The set was made up of classic Blaze solo songs ( Speed of Light, Kill and Destroy, Stare at the Sun, 10th Dimension, Silicon Messiah.) and Maiden songs, including Futureal, Virus, and Man on the Edge (set closer). There was also a new song from the CD due out in June, which sounded good.

I enjoyed the slagging off of the X factor (the programme not the CD) and Britain’s got Talent. “We aren’t up ‘ere ‘cos we’ve won a competition.”, “I’m not Simon Cowell, I’m the anti Christ.”

Blaze proved himself as great show man whipping the 50 -60 of us in the “Garden Shed” into a metal frenzy A real candidate for gig of the year. Roll on Leeds next month.

“My garden shed is bigger than this” repeat
“It’s got a door and a window”
“My garden shed is bigger than this”

NH

Popular Posts from last 30 Days