Tygers of Pan Tang – Animal Instinct

When I went to see the Tygers last month people in and around the band were telling me that the new CD was the best Tygers release ever. I nodded politely, and thought “yeah, and England are going to win Euro 2008”.

So a few days later I received my pre-sale copy of Animal Instinct and gave it a spin in the CD player. Wow this CD rocks, kicking off with Rock Candy, complete with Rob Weir trade mark voice box. Cry Sweet Freedom is in a similar vain. Then we move onto one of my standout tracks Live for the Day, which has real rock/blues feel (is this the influence of producer Ben Matthews from Thunder coming through)? Other high lights are the riff driven, If You See Kay, more RW voice box, does contain some slightly embarrassing “Oh Ahs” my only criticism of the CD. This track doesn’t need them.

Special mention must also go to another favourite of mine Devils Find a Fool; this has a real Paul Rogers/Bad Company feel. This is followed by Winners and Losers, turn the volume up and adopt air guitar pose, say no more. Crusin’ takes a slightly more funky line which is a great way add some varity. With Bury the Hatchet and Dark Rider competing the CD in very 80’s Tygers style I’m well impressed. The art work for the CD is top draw as well. Treat yourself, go and buy this CD.

Is this the best ever Tygers LP/CD? Let’s just say I’m off to put some money on England to win Euro 2008.

I must also mention the free DVD I received as well, a great bonus with four classic tracks recorded as part of a live web broadcast. The highlight of this for me is Take It, now this was just another album track to me, but hats off to the Tygers 2008, and especially new singer Jacopo Meille for making it theirs. A great version (it’s got a Stones feel about it)love it.

CD
Rock Candy
Cry Sweet Freedom
Live For The Day
Let It Burn
If You See Kay
Hot Blooded
Devils Find A Fool
Winners and Losers
Cruisin’
Bury The Hatchet
Dark Rider

DVD
1. Hellbound
2. Take It
3. Slave To Freedom
4. Euthanasia

Popular Posts from last 30 Days