Bon Jovi - Twickenham 28th June 2008

I've already posted a review from this tour - so I'll keep it brief.

This gig was even better than Southampton at the start of the UK tour. Whether it was because they were recording the show or because it was the last night of the European tour I can't say - but it seemed more relaxed with Jon even applauding Ritchie's solos.

A few observations:
  • Twickenham - I've been to Fortress Twickenham plenty of times over the years to watch the rugby - and just like with U2 here a few years ago - the hair stands up on the back of your neck when you walk on the pitch and look around. I was still imagining scoring a drop goal against the All Blacks when The Feeling started..
  • The Feeling - Mr Sophie Ellis Bextor was a surprisingly good front-man. I might even invest a few rubles on downloading a few tracks.
  • 8 chuffing quid for a Wimpy burger meal!!
  • The greasy haired drunk f*kwit wearing his sheepskin lined leather coat in 80 degree heat - stumbling into the missus and dripping sweat and beer everywhere. It was the closest I've been in years to actually twatting somebody.
  • We moved only to have some greasy haired drunk woman, smashed on Smirnof, dancing about facing me and screaming (it's understandable). She seemed offended when I said I'd that if I wanted to watch an ugly drunk tart I would have gone to see Amy Winehouse.
Surreal moment of the night.. I feel something bash into my knee - I look down to find a small child dressed as Batman but wearing ear defenders.. I look up and a woman is charging through the crowd (using the patented "Bend down and no one will see me" approach used by roadies on stage all over the world). She stops right next to me, smiles, picks up "Batman" and runs off. I assume the kid was hers - if not it's the most blatant child snatching in history. If required by the police I can give a description of the woman in question - her mum was on Blue Peter, her husband is in The Feeling and she looks like a cat.

With thanks to BonJovi.com - track listing was :
ROCKIN' ALL OVER THE WORLD-LOST HIGHWAY-BORN TO BE MY BABY-BAD NAME-SUMMERTIME-CAPT. CRASH-SLEEP w/ Mercy & Jumpin' Jack Flash-BLOOD MONEY-BLAZE OF GLORY-ANY OTHER DAY-IN THESE ARMS-WE GOT IT GOIN' ON-IT'S MY LIFE-FAITH-I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU (RICHIE VOX)-HAVE A NICE DAY-I BELIEVE-WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME-BAD MEDICINE w/ Shout-PRAYER
ENCORE:ALWAYS-WANTED-SATURDAY NIGHT-I LOVE THIS TOWN-TWIST & SHOUT

NR

Popular Posts from last 30 Days