Seasick Steve – Leeds Academy 27th Jan 2009


Now if you had told me 6 months ago that I'd own two CDs by, and pay money to see, an ex-tramp that looks like a scruffy version of Captain Birdseye I would have laughed you out of the room.

Then a couple of reviews in Classic Rock and a session with Radio 2 later, I was hooked. So are a lot of people around Leeds judging by the sold out notices outside the Academy tonight. The place is packed, so much so that it spoils my enjoyment a bit.
Seasick Steve kicks of the show with "Started out with Nothing" and the set contains most of the new CD. Highlights for me were "Walking Man", "St. Louis Slim" and "Thunderbird". The set closed nearly two hours later with an extended version of "Dog House Boogie"

Different to my usual rock music, but very enjoyable. A special mention must go to drummer Dan Magnusson, he was wonderful, keeping everyone's feet tapping all night.

NH

Popular Posts from last 30 Days