GMT - Evil Twin

Ok I’m a bit late with this review but I wanted to see if my initial thoughts on this great CD still held true a few months on. Well I’m glad to say they do.

I have to say I’m a big fan of Bernie Tormé, to me he is still one of the most exciting guitarists around.

Onto the CD which starts with Punko Rocco which has Dee Snider guesting on vocals a fast paced number that sets the tone. Bullet the Brain, Evil Twin and You Can’t Hold Me have lots of the screeching guitar sounds that are Bernie’s signature. One of These Days opens with the distinctive bass of John McCoy. Then we are onto the seven minute long Jonny Star which adds a different mix to the CD, it takes a bit of getting into but well worth the effort. Then we are back to a basic rocker- Holy Roller –driven on by the impressive drumming of Robin Guy. Then it’s by favorite Wheel of Fortune which includes a classic Mr. Tormé solo (let’s hope it’s in the live set). Then we have a nine minute blues song Perfumed Garden. The CD is closed with the pacey Humours of Mr. McCoy. All the way through the CD has a real dirty “live” feel to it, which I think is great.

I also own the Audio Phile uncut version of Evil Twin as well (sad, I know) This gives a different even more dirty sound and extended versions of the songs, which is real treat for Wheels of Fortune. The GMT Website has all the technical stuff.

I’ll be off to see GMT at Wakefield and Swindon in July, if you can make it you really should go and check this great band out.

Let’s hope Wheel of Fortune is in the set, and I’d love to hear Lighting Strikes live again.

Also any chance of a few words from any, or allof the band for Rock gig reviews would be really appreciated.

Cheers

NH


Popular Posts from last 30 Days