De Staat - Machinery

We posted a news story earlier this year: De Staat - The Best Band You've Never Heard Of?  As I said in that story, De Staat are not the type of band that normally comes onto the Rockgig Radar - but I'm pleased they did as I really enjoyed this CD!   If you're in the mood for a bit of Saxon, Slayer or Slash then don't put this  on, but if you're in the mood for something a bit more alternative then fully embrace this album.  For some reason they remind me of Sparks meets Queens of the Stone Age with a chunk of Talking Heads thrown in - which isn't a good comparison to be honest but it's the best I can come up with!  It has guitar riffs, synths, vocal harmonies, industrial stuff.. everything you can think of really. I'm really struggling to put into words what this album is like... it's good- it's VERY good which frankly surprised the hell out of me.

NR


Popular Posts from last 30 Days