FM - Bingley Arts Centre 18 March 2013


Some members of the team here at Rockgig Towers can claim to be far more avid fans of FM than I can. I have seen the band once before, play an acoustic set at the old Queens Hall in Bradford (along time ago), and I did see Steve Overland in his previous band Wildlife (a very long time ago), but this was my first electric FM experience.

The band opened up with Tough Love from the new Rockville CD, and straight from the off the catchy rifts and chorus get under your skin and you find yourself clapping and singing along before you know it, it was as if I’d seen the band 20 times before. I have to say that the rockier songs appeal more to my tastes and highlights for me where Don’t Stop, Only Foolin’, Hotwired, Bad Luck, Burning My Heart Down and the brilliant Cross Town Train.

A great show, from a group of gifted and talented musicians, lead by a fantastic vocalist.
FM even found time for a quick Status Quo impression
 The support tonight came from Serpentine and Vega, who were both good making the whole package excellent value at 18 quid.
Also a quick word of praise for the venue and it’s staff who were both excellent. 
NH

Popular Posts from last 30 Days