Thunder Christmas Party - Wolverhampton 15th December 2017

Sorry for the delay in posting this : I had a great time, went back to hotel, woke up in the morning and whilst stone cold sober accidentally smashed my head into a wall, went to A&E, could have died, never did though so all good...

.. and the gig?    Awesome.   As I've publicly stated several times Thunder are the best band around at the moment. Period. You could disagree, but you're wrong and deep down you know it.
I've often described gigs as parties, well this one was an actual Christmas party!  Thunder made it clear before the gig that if you turn up in  a Santa hat, they would donate cash to charity.. got a Santa beard? More charity cash... So EVERYONE was fully Santad (yes that's a verb now)
As you'll see from the setlist below a Thunder Christmas Party is a thing of beauty.. no sales pitch, no support band & nothing to promote.




(Setlist courtesy of Setlist.fm... I AM concussed - gimme a break I can barely remember my kids' names) 

Acoustic Set

  • Blue Eyed Girl (Stealers Wheel cover)
  • Xmas Day
  • Here Comes the Sun (The Beatles cover)
  • The Rain
  • Big Yellow Taxi (Joni Mitchell cover)
  • Don't Say That
  • Love Walked In
  • The Thrill of It All
  • A Day in the Life (The Beatles cover)


Electric Set

  • Loser
  • Laughing on Judgement Day
  • In Another Life
  • 20th Century Boy (T. Rex cover)
  • Everybody's Laughing
  • Gimme Shelter (The Rolling Stones cover)
  • Lido Shuffle (Boz Scaggs cover)
  • The Chosen One
  • Who Are You (The Who cover)
  • Castles in the Sand
  • Don't Stop Me Now (Queen cover)
  • She's So Fine


Encore:

  • An Englishman on Holiday
  • Fairytale of New York (The Pogues cover) (with Heather Findlay)
  • I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day (Wizzard cover) (with Heather Findlay)


The crowd sang everything, even the ones "you won't know as nobody bought 'em" 



A truly wonderful evening.. I really hope they issue the CD as they have done previously as it would be a Christmas Cracker! (Sorry.. don't blame me for that pun ... I've got a concussion)

Here's to next year....
NR










Popular Posts from last 30 Days